Axsun is a North American leading provider of intermodal transportation and has a well- established network of over the road partners serving NAFTA markets. We offer a wide range of LTL and Full load transportation and distribution services so that we can consistently offer our customers, One Source. One Promise.
Communicate with carriers to ensure that all orders are scheduled and picked up on time. Track in transit orders and report any issues to the Customers and Sales representatives. Provide required support for operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the timely pick up of loads while working with both truckers and railroads.
- Enter information into SAP and update the order status (picked up / transit / delivered)
- Ensure the customers pick-up requirements are honored.
- Follow up on pre-dated shipments to ensure there are no issues.
- Report any issues to the operation manager.
- Communicate shipment status updates with customers
- Schedule pick up and delivery appointments as needed.
- Enter orders into the system when needed.
- Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and ability to enter data in SAP an asset.
- Excellent problem solving and resolutions skills.
- Ability to work under pressure situations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Detail oriented.
- Cross border USA and Canada experience is an asset
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Logistics and/or transportation experience is an asset
- Education and/or Experience Required.
- High School education required